The Company for City Restoration
Since its founding, 60 years ago, Stadsherstel Amsterdam has developed into a restoration company for all kinds of monuments in an urban or rural environment. It not only restores, but also preserves these monuments in such manner, that the character of the building is left intact and that further development will not cause any damage to the architecture, or change it in any way.
Currently Stadsherstel owns more than 600 houses and some twenty larger monuments, e.g. churches and industrial monuments like pumping-stations and a shipyard. It is partly thanks to the example set by Stadsherstel, that the historic centre of Amsterdam became a very sought-after residential area.
Stadsherstel set itself three objectives:
- To buy and restore the most threatened historic dwelling houses, especially listed monuments
- To construct modern dwellings within these buildings for the benefit of the public housing sector
- To maintain these buildings after restoring them
Read our extensive brochure here.
Read more about six of our venues here:
- The Dove / De Duif
- The Posthoorn Church / Posthoornkerk
- The Amstel Church / Amstelkerk
- The Gerardus Majella Church / Gerardus Majellakerk
- The Vondel Church / De Vondelkerk
- The Schellingwouderkerk / De Schellingwouderkerk
Or get in touch for other information: / 0031(0)20-5200060. You can also follow the latest developments and news at Facebook or Twitter.
De Duif and Posthoornkerk are part of UNIQUE VENUES OF AMSTERDAM. Check this link and this link for more information.